Sunday, December 31, 2006

MDC

My sister and I have a longstanding tradition going for 2 whole years now. It all started with my failure to do some simple math almost 2 years ago. My sister so graciously informed me later that day, as she handed to me a medal, that I was the most dumb computer of 2005. This award is a curious thing. The medal itself consisted of an old medal with two sheets of paper stapled on each face with the recipient's name along with "Most dumb computer- 2005." And thus began the tradition of the yearly awarding of "the most dumb computer." What makes someone most dumb computer, you ask? It is the accumulation of the deeds that one does during the year that could be called "stupid." Now before you worry that this award is a harsh thing, let me assure you, as a former recipient of this medal, it is only meant in an endearing way.

On Christmas eve of this year, My sister, her husband, myself and my mother gathered together to vote upon the new recipient for 2006. With three votes for my mother and one 'vote' a piece of paper with the words 'not me' the verdict was pretty much unanimous. We then called out for a speech which she happily gave- "I learned that- if your computer starts smoking you've got problems!" She then further solidified her claim to the award when she confessed to opening and eating some of my stocking candy when I inquired as to why the bag was already open. So who will be the most dumb computer of 2007?? Only time will tell.

1 comment: